Make Educated Food Choices
We live in a world full of information, which can be overwhelming at times. Here are some resources to help you breakdown what is in your food, to evaluate what marketers are telling you, and to choose what’s best for your family’s health.
- Food and Water Watch’s How much do labels tell you?
- Food and Water Watch’s seafood guide
- Sustainable Table’s guide to what’s in season
- Sustainable Table’s glossary to meat production methods
- Sustainable Table’s Questions to Ask a Farmer
- ASPCA’s guide to labels and animal welfare
- EWG’s 2015 Shopper’s Guide to Pesticides in Produce™
- Beyond Pesticides’ Eating with a Conscience database, which evaluates the impacts on the environment and farmworkers of the toxic chemicals allowed for use on major food crops
- Farm Forward’s guide to confusing poultry labels: BuyingPoultry