Cover photo by Helen Norman
Looking for a little something to share with your sweethearts this Valentine’s Day? We’ve pulled together a list of delicious and fun gifts that show love for visionary farmers and local businesses that will be sure to warm your loved ones’ hearts. It doesn’t get much sweeter than that, if you ask us.
- The IMM-UNITY BOX curated by New Brooklyn Farms and Cocoa Butter Mothers. This impressive set features treats from farms and businesses throughout the DMV, including seasonal apple butter from Ladybrook Farm and your choice of herbal tinctures produced by Nazirah Muhammad, farmer-in-residence at New Brooklyn Farms. Check out their Instagram for more information.
- Something special from Star Bright Farm. Their food and body products are made with 100% natural ingredients from the land. They have a well-rounded collection of items for your body, home, garden, and table.
- Jinji chocolate founded in 2012 by Jinji Fraser, and her father, Guy. This Baltimore-based company prioritizes the farmers who grow and harvest the cocoa, while also crafting delicious chocolate that features local, seasonally-selected ingredients.
- Locally-crafted spirits from woman-owned Tenth Ward Distilling. Not only will you find unique and unconventional spirits, but the company is also dedicated to reducing their carbon footprint by utilizing locally-grown grains and are constantly working to find new ways to produce their products with as minimal impact on the environment as possible.
- Edible landscaping books by Ecologia—a perfect gift for the gardening-curious in your life. Among their books, you can find a how-to manual for the budding gardener and experienced green thumb alike, full of creative and easy-to-follow designs that guide you to having your yard and eating it too.
Still not seeing anything you like? Check out the Valentine’s PopMarket at the 32nd Street Farmers Market happening this Saturday morning in Baltimore. Among other treats, you’ll be able to find local art, stationary, and hand-crafted soaps by From You and Me that will have you smelling-sweet for your Valentine’s Day celebrations.