Fair Farms Program Intern
November 26, 2019
Fair Farms is building a movement of Marylanders of all stripes, working together for a new food system — one that is equitable, fair to farmers, invests in homegrown healthy foods, and restores our waterways. The Fair Farms Campaign brings together consumers, farmers, public health professionals, and conservationists to advocate for visionary farming practices and while protecting our waterways and our lands. Together, with our Farmer Advisory Council, our Steering Committee and other Partners, we will build a truly sustainable food system that is fair to all.
The key role of the intern will be to assist the Fair Farms team in our outreach, communications, and day-to-day efforts at 10-15 hours/week. Waterkeepers Chesapeake is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, disabled people, and transgender or gender non-conforming applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
- Write engaging content for our blog.
- Draft social media content.
- Attend events and represent Fair Farms.
- Assist in campaign and press outreach strategies.
- Plan educational events.
- Aid in managing partnerships.
- Experience writing engaging content.
- A knack for social media.
- Positivity and a sense of humor.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently.
- Experience with and interest in food systems.
- Remote with preference for those in the Annapolis area or upper Eastern Shore of Maryland.
- This position will require travel — primarily throughout the Eastern Shore and occasionally parts of Central Maryland .
- Hiring immediately. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. The internship will last through May 2020 with an option to extend.
- Fair Farms will cover a stipend of $800 per month.
- Email a resume along with three concise reasons why you would be a great fit for the job to email@example.com.