2 Minutes, Big Impact: Submit Feedback to Weis Markets Asking for Action to Fight Superbugs
July 5, 2018
Will you take two minutes to fill out a feedback form on Weis Markets’ website asking that they stop selling Sanderson Farms as their store brand chicken, unless the poultry company cleans up its act?
Sanderson Farms, the third largest poultry company in the U.S., continues to routinely use antibiotics on their mega-chicken farms, even as other poultry companies have phased out this practice. The world’s leading medical institutions worry that this is putting all of our health in danger.
Despite our calls for change, Weis Markets continues to sell Sanderson as their store brand chicken and even labels the product “All Natural.”
Weis needs to hear directly from current and potential customers that they want to see the grocery chain drop Sanderson, unless the chicken company makes some real changes.
Here are step-by-step directions:
- Open https://www.weismarkets.com/feedback and fill out your contact information.
- Select the Weis location you last visited. If you have not visited one, choose a location close to your home.
- Fill out the “Additional Comments or Suggestions” field, noting that you want Weis to stop selling Sanderson as the store-brand chicken and click submit. Here are some suggested comments you can use for inspiration:
* Please stop selling Sanderson Farms as your store-brand chicken, unless the poultry company makes some real changes. Sanderson routinely uses antibiotics for its chickens, a practice that the world’s leading medical institutions and health experts warn is creating antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
* I’m writing to ask that you please stop selling Sanderson Farms as your store-brand chicken. Unlike several other large poultry companies, Sanderson routinely uses antibiotics on its farms, a practice that kills off weak bacteria but leaves the strong bugs alive, which can then spread through our food and environment. As a parent, I want to make sure antibiotics work for future generations.
* As a customer, I’ve always appreciated Weis Markets’ commitment to the community. I hope that Weis continues to be good neighbors by dropping Sanderson Farms as its store brand, unless the chicken company makes some real changes. Sanderson routinely uses antibiotics for its chickens, a practice that leading health and medical experts warn creates drug resistant bacteria that can make us sick.
That’s it. Easy as 1-2-3! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you submitted a comment so we can keep track of the messages being sent to the company.